My name is Peiqin Lin (林佩勤) originally from Haimen, China. Currently, I am an ELLIS Ph.D. student at the Center for Information and Language Processing (CIS), LMU Munich and SARDINE Group, Instituto Superior Técnico, under the supervison of Hinrich Schütze and André F. T. Martins. I work on multilingualism and cross-lingual NLP.
- LMU Munich (Oct 2021 - ). Ph.D. student in Computer Science. Supervisor: Hinrich Schütze and André F. T. Martins.
- Sun Yat-sen University (Sep 2018 – Jun 2020). M.Eng. in Software Engineering. Supervisor: Meng Yang.
- South China Normal University (Sep 2014 – Jun 2018). B.Eng. in Software Engineering.
- Ayyoob Imani*, Peiqin Lin*, Amir Hossein Kargaran, Silvia Severini, Masoud Jalili Sabet, Nora Kassner, Chunlan Ma, Helmut Schmid, André F. T. Martins, François Yvon, Hinrich Schütze. 2023. Glot500: Scaling Multilingual Corpora and Language Models to 500 Languages. In ACL, Toronto, Canada. [Paper][Code][Huggingface] (Area Chair Award)
- Peiqin Lin, Meng Yang, Jianhuang Lai. 2021. Deep Selective Memory Network with Selective Attention and Inter-Aspect Modeling for Aspect Level Sentiment Classification. In TASLP. [Paper][Code]
- Peiqin Lin, Meng Yang. 2020. A Shared-Private Representation Model with Coarse-to-Fine Extraction for Target Sentiment Analysis. In EMNLP Findings, Virtual. [Paper][Code]
- Peiqin Lin. 2020. A Local-Global Representation Network for Aspect Level Sentiment Analysis. Master Thesis. (Sun Yat-sen University Outstanding Thesis Award)
- Peiqin Lin, Meng Yang. 2020. Hierarchical Attention Network with Pairwise Loss for Chinese Zero Pronoun Resolution. In AAAI, New York, USA. [Paper][Code][Slides]
(* denotes equal contribution)
See more in my publications.
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Apr 2021 - Sep 2021). Research Assistant on Emotion-aware Dialogue System. Advisor: Wenjie Li.
- Tencent (Jul 2019 – Aug 2019). Research Intern on Keyphrase Extraction.
- Qibot (May 2018 – Aug 2018). Research Intern on Text Classification.
Program Committee Member/Conference Reviewer
- ACL Rolling Review
- ACL 2023, 2021
- EMNLP 2023, 2022, 2021
- ICLR 2022
- NeurIPS 2022
- AAAI 2021
- SocialNLP 2021
- IEEE Access
- Chinese (Native)
- English (Proficient, IELTS 6.5)
- Teochew dialect (Native)
- Cantonese (Intermediate)